CVGA offers classes for children once they are fully potty trained through the age of 18. In the girl's program at CVGA, we train our gymnasts on all four Olympic events: Vault, Bars, Beam, and Floor. Our program allows gymnasts to progress at a rate that is right for each individual child based on age and skill level.
Contact CVGA at (319) 236-2842 or Amber at (319) 464-5763, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to register for classes.
- Preschool (1 hour/week):
- Preschool class is for children age 3 - 5. Classes are designed for young children focusing on flexibility, strength, balance, body awareness, and the basics of gymnastics. Gymnasts must be fully potty trained.
- Level 1 (1 hour/week):
- Level 1 is for children ages 5 and up. This class is a beginner class designed to teach the fundamentals of gymnastics. Gymnasts will focus on skills such as cartwheels, handstands, and pullovers on the bar.
- Level 2 (2 hours/week):
- Level 2 is for children ages 6 and up. This class is an intermediate class for more experienced gymnasts. Gymnasts will focus on skills such as round offs, back handsprings, handstands on beam, and back hip circles on bars.
- Firecrackers (1.5 hours/week):
- Firecrackers is for children ages 4 - 6. This class is for advanced preschool gymnasts that are fast learners and good listeners. Firecrackers is for girls who will eventually go into the Training Team program.
- Training Team (4 hours/week):
- Training team is for children ages 4 - 7. Training team is a structured program for very advanced children who are interested in competitive gymnastics. Gymnasts will focus on an advanced set of skills in preparation for CVGA's annual Junior Olympic Compulsory Team try outs.
- Flip-Flop (1.5 hours/week):
- Flip-Flop class is for girls ages 6 and up. This class focuses only on tumbling skills ranging from beginner skills such as cartwheels to advanced skills such as back handsprings and back tucks (back flips). This class is great for girls preparing to become cheerleaders.
- Homeschool Class (1 hour/week):
- Homeschool class is for children ages 6 and up. This class is for homeschooled children and is held during the daytime. This class teaches children coordination and the basics of gymnastics while allowing them to interact with other homeschooled children.
Competitive Team Programs
- Junior Olympic Compulsory Team:
- JO Compulsory is for girls ages 6 and up. Compulsory consists of levels 3 - 5. This team is by invite from our Training Team program. The girls are trained through the USA compulsory gymnastics program in which they learn a specific skill set and routines that they will compete throughout the state of Iowa during the months of August through December
- Junior Olympic Optional Team:
- JO Optional is for girls that have successfully completed the JO Compulsory program (levels 3 - 5) and have advanced into the upper levels of artistic gymnastics. Optionals consists of levels 6 - 10. The Optional team girls train skills based on their individual strengths and personal routines. January through May they compete all over the country at highly ranked competitions such as USA Gymnastics State, Regional, and National competitions. The goal for these ladies is to earn a scholarship for collegiate gymnastics.
- Xcel Team:
- Xcel is for girls ages 6 and up. Xcel consists of different levels of competition including Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond. The Xcel program is a cost efficient alternative to the traditional JO program and is designed for gymnasts of any skill level to compete in the sport of gymnastics at their own rate of progression. These gymnasts compete January through April and compete through out the state of Iowa.